Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Around the House...Part II

I've moved upstairs is my cleaning/fixing frenzy. There is a cute 1/2 bath at the bottom of our stairs. Dad showed me how to replace the parts inside the tank and I was able to replace the parts in our master bathroom toilet.

About a week ago, I decided we needed a toilet paper holder, hand towel rack, and towel rack in our master bathroom. I installed all three! I used a drill (and a level)! Then, since that project went well, I thought replacing the entire shower head (yes even the pipe screwed into the wall), the tub faucet, the overplate head, and drain were next on my list. I think the guys that work at Home Depot seemed surprised by my purchases, but it was quite easy when all you have to do is follow the directions on the package. I learned how to use plumbing tape, plumber putty, and caulking.

Upstairs to the left we have a loft that had built-in cabinets (which are now in the garage on a wall, thanks to my father-in-law) and a built-in desk (which will also move to the garage). Alex plans on using this space as his office, but until then, he is using the bedroom over the garage (which will turn into a guestroom).

Going straight from the stairs is the master bedroom. We have a beautiful bay window (that I just love) a walk in closet that already had built-in storage, two sinks, and a huge tub!

Finally, to the right from the stairs is a full bathroom and two bedrooms at the end of the hall. The one Alex is using as his office is on the right (over the garage), and the one I am using as a craft room (which will be the nursery someday :o) ) is on the left.

Around The House...Part I

It's my week off from school and I've decided the home projects are very exciting! On Saturday, I took out all the dead plants (rose bushes and sega palms) in the front yard (one more to go...but I need my man to help me!)

Yesterday I trimmed back the bushes on the side yard and took out 2 dead ones next to our broken gate. I also planted our "Star Jasmine" next to my slider door going out to our backyard. So far, it's the only plant I have managed to keep alive (I've had it since the summer).

I did manage to wash all the windows downsatirs (inside and out), took off the baby proofing in our kitchen, clean the oven/microwave, cleaned the fireplace (this morning), took down 3 oak shelves that were in our dining room, and installed a door stop on the door to the garage. We don't have overhead lighting in our dining room, so I'm playing with the placement of these floorlamps.

Lastly, as far as the downstairs is concerned, I did add two more floor lamps in the living room and have begun to accessorize. It's coming along...but I can't wait to PAINT!